Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I love freezer paper!

I am a new quilter - finally started quilting the end of November 2010.  I am still finding my voice - I like traditional piecing, art quilts, especially landscapes, and am exploring foundation piecing and applique and everything in between.  I have always sewn, knitted, crocheted, embroidered, crafted.  But quilting has really hooked me.

In the course teaching myself this art and exploring various techniques, I have decided that freezer paper is indispensable.  So in the course of coming blogs, I will show you all the ways I have come to use it.  Meanwhile, here's a great link about some of the ways to use freezer paper

I also use quite a bit of glue.  Right now I am working my way through a bottle of Glue-Baste-it, but think I'll refill the bottle with Elmer's and give that a try.

If you have anything to contribute to these mini-tutorials, please feel free to comment - I figure we are all in this together to learn a wonderful art!

1 comment:

Bev in TX said...

If you like using FP (Freezer Paper) in quilting, then you might want to take a look at what Linda Franz is doing with it:

http://www.inklingo.com

NAYY -- just a satisfied customer.